- People do not buy what you do, they buy why you do it.
- Successful leaders identify their purpose, vision, or cause first. They follow the “Golden Circle” formula which starts with working out their “Why” followed by the “How” and “What”—not the other way around.
- The “Why” comes from your core purpose and mission; it’s the reason you get out of bed in the morning.
- The “How” is what makes you, your products or services different and desirable.
- The “What” defines the day-to-day aspects of your life and business
- Great leaders...
- follow their intuition and inner voice and identify gaps in the market before customers realize they’re missing out on something.
- create strong cultures in which everyone works toward the same mission.
- create space for innovation and an environment where inspired work can happen.
- persist through failure and hard work.
- are less concerned with the competition. They compete against themselves.
- build trust all around them.
- Humans want to belong. When you engage with your ideal audience, those who share your cause and core beliefs, they will share your goal with others, allowing your mission to manifest itself.
- “Tipping points” happen when a mass of early adopters, innovators, and enough influencers unite to support a WHY. This can be consciously designed.
The above is inspired from the bestselling book "Start With Why" by Simon Sinek.